👩🏽🏫 🧠Linguistics, neurologists as well as psychologists reveal a swathe of cognitive benefits being bilingual.
🦾Some of the many advantages of being bilingual is academic and educational success, an increased awareness of other cultures, more tolerance and even a higher level of empathy.
☀️This is just a small reminder of why it is a wonderful decision to raise a bilingual child and if you have not started yet, it is never too late to take the first step.
🏋🏽The best idea to start is to introduce good habits. A way to help them improve and maintain the German language is to start with daily, weekly or monthly routines and find opportunities to expose your child to the language. Here are some examples:
- Find a German speaking partner (e.g. on zoom with grandparents, aunty… )
- Find fun games in the target language
- Read to them
- Arrange Playdates with other German speaking children
- Find German online classes that suit you
- Watch movies together
- Bring German music and songs into daily live